PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 – 22 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 – 35 minutes
Yields: 12 Muffins
Freezer Friendly 1 Month
Does it keep? 3-4 Days
- 3medium ripe bananas
- 1/2tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp chia or flax seed mixture as an egg replacement
- 1/4 cup or 4 Tbsp of vegan butter, melted
- 1/3cup organic cane sugar
- 3Tbsp maple syrup
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4tsp sea salt
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or dairy-free milk
- 1 cupalmond meal
- 1 cupMetta gluten-free flour
- 1 cupgluten-free oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil muffin tins or molds
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Lastly add almond meal, Metta gluten free flour and oats and whisk until well combined.
- Put 2 ice-cream scoopful in each of the oiled muffin mold.
- Bake for 20 – 22 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Brush each muffin with a little coconut oil (optional). Let cool completely before serving. Great for breakfast and as an afternoon pick-me up snack.
- Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days. Freeze for longer term storage.