Easy peasy gluten-free, nut-free and vegan cookies with the delicious flavors of vanilla and cinnamon. The perfect allergy-friendly cookies for all.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Cooling Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 27 mins
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Metta flour/atta
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt a pinch
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
For Sugar-Cinnamon Mix
- 2 tbsp raw sugar you can add up to 2.5 tbsp of sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg Also line the baking tray with a parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, add a tsp of oil and coat it evenly on the foil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients – oil, unsweetened apple sauce, and vanilla essence. Using a hand whisk or even a spoon, mix it thoroughly.
- Now add the sugar. Combine the sugar into the wet ingredients.
- At the stage, add the Metta flour, salt, and baking powder. Gently combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Now scoop about 1 tbsp of cookie dough and place it on the baking tray like below.
- Spread some oil on the backside of the cookie scooper like below. This prevents the cookie dough from sticking to the cookie scooper.
- Gently press the cookie, as shown below. The gluten-free flour doesn’t expand/spread, so we are pressing like this.
- Now, bake this for 12 minutes in the preheated oven at 350 deg F.
- After baking, let the cookies cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take 3/4 tsp of cinnamon with 2 to 2.5 tbsps of raw sugar in a bowl. Mix them thoroughly.
- Now place the baked cookie in the cinnamon-sugar bowl and coat them with sugar mixture evenly. And that’s it. The vegan cookies are ready. Enjoy.
- Coating the cookies with cinnamon sugar is entirely optional.
- You can roll the scooped out cookie dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture too. Or you can add some sprinkles.
- I did not add any chocolate chips, nuts, or dry fruits. But you can add 1 tbsp of nuts or dry fruits or mini chocolate chips for this measure.
- So far, I have tried this cookie with orange flavor and almond flavor. If you are planning to add cinnamon-sugar mix, I would recommend vanilla flavor then.
- The measure that I used yields seven cookies, but you can double the ratio and bake up to 15 cookies.
- Author of the recipe is Srividhya G
- Link to her blog post with recipe https://www.vidhyashomecooking.com/gluten-free-nut-free-and-vegan-cookies/