Easy to make gluten-free laddus or healthy energy balls – ready in less than 20 minutes!
Total Time: 20-25 mins
- 1/2 cup Metta Atta/flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or jaggery (or both 1/4 cup each)
- 5 pieces pecans/walnuts
- 5 pieces almonds
- 5 pieces cashews
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup ghee divided plus 1 Tbsp if required (coconut oil or vegan butter for vegan options)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (optional)*
- 10 pumpkin seeds (optional to garnish)
- In a mixer jar, add 1/2 cup of the raw sugar and grind it into a fine powder. Set it aside.
- And in the same mixer jar, add the nuts and pulse it coarsely. I used pecans, almonds, and cashews. Set aside 1/4 cup of the powdered nuts.
- In a mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar, powdered nuts, cardamom powder, and 1/2 cup of Metta atta and the optional coconut flour. Mix it.
- Then add 2 tbsp of ghee. Mix it and ensure the ghee is well incorporated. It should look like coarse cornmeal.
- Now add the remaining 2 tbsp of ghee and mix it. Now take a small amount of the prepared mix and shape it into a small round ball. Press the laddu tightly so that it stays intact. (If the balls are not remaining intact, add one more tbsp of ghee and mix. Then shape them into small balls).
- Similarly, make laddus with the remaining flour.
- Garnish it with nuts and enjoy it. Store in an air-tight container. I was able to store these laddus for five days without refrigerating.
- If you are using powdered sugar, use 1/3 cup of powdered sugar for this measure.
- If you are a beginner and struggling to shape the laddu, then add one or two tbsp of milk or add a little coconut flour to help with binding and shape the laddu. If you are using milk, make sure to refrigerate them.
- You can use nuts of your choice.
- You can also adjust the optional coconut flour amount to your preference. The coconut flour helps to shape the laddus nicely.*
- Adjust the sugar according to your sweet preference.
- Author of the recipe is Srividhya G
- *Added by the creator of Metta atta/flour
- Link to her blog post with recipe is https://www.vidhyashomecooking.com/no-cook-gluten-free-laddus-energy-balls/#comments