PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
Yields: 12 (muffins)
Category: Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Freezer Friendly 1 month
Does it keep? 3-4 Days
- 1.5 flax eggs (or 1 1/2 Tbsp flax seed meal + 4 Tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup any sugar (organic brown or coconut)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup Metta gluten-free flour/atta
CRUMBLE TOP (optional)
- 3 Tbsp any sugar (organic brown sugar, organic cane sugar, or coconut sugar)
- 3 Tbsp Metta gluten-free flour/atta
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped pecans, pepitas, or walnuts
- 1 1/4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch each cinnamon + pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (174 C) and lightly grease a standard size muffin tins (will make 12 muffins).
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla extract and whisk for one minute.
- Stir in baking soda, apple cider vinegar, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, and mix. Add water and whisk once more.
- Add almond meal, gluten-free oats, and gluten-free flour blend and stir until all combined. The batter should be thick and scoopable.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin tins.
- Quickly rinse your mixing bowl and then add crumble ingredients. Mash ingredients together with a fork or your hands until crumbly like wet sand. Generously top muffins with streusel.
- Bake for 27-32 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick or knife comes out completely clean. It’s better to slightly over-bake these than under-bake because the gluten-free flour takes longer to cook all the way through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then gently remove and cool completely on a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Once completely cooled, store in a covered container at room temp for 3-4 days, though best when fresh. Freeze for longer term storage.
Note: This recipe was adapted from https://minimalistbaker.com/1-bowl-pumpkin-muffins-vegan-gf/