Moist, fudgy, and decadent brownies that are also allergen-friendly! Easy and fast to prepare!
No need to buy brownie mix again!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 22-25 mins
Cooling Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 57-60 mins
- 7-8 tbsp unsalted vegan butter (I prefer Earth Balance brand)
- 3 flax eggs (3 Tbsp flax seed meal + 8 Tbsp water)
- 1 cup any sugar (I prefer organic cane sugar or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Metta Atta
- ¼ cup coconut flakes or flour (you can also substitute almond or oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Grease a 9 inches x 9 inches squared baking tray.
- Prepare the flax eggs water mixture and set aside for 5-10 minutes
- Melt the vegan butter and two-thirds of the chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat. The quicker it melts the better. Stir while it is melting. Don’t let the mixture become too hot. Take it off the heat and leave it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the flax eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt and sugar together. Add the cooled enough chocolate mixture and whisk well.
- Add the sifted Metta flour and coconut flakes and whisk again until all flour whiteness has disappeared. Add the optional crushed walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared oiled tray and level. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Check using the toothpick test from the middle to ensure that it is fully baked. Let it cool for a good 15-20 minutes, slice, and enjoy